On May 23-24, 2019, an international conference «Development of nursing in
Kazakhstan through strengthening institutional collaboration» will take place at the Nazarbayev
University School of Medicine. Conducted as part of the 3-year project ERASMUS +
“Promoting the innovative potential of higher education in nursing” (2018-2020).
Plenary and breakout sessions have been planned with the participation of leading Kazakhstan
and foreign experts in the field of nursing, including from universities in Finland, Holland,
Slovenia, etc. The purpose of the conference is to create a platform for a wide range of
stakeholders from education, science and practitioners in order to discuss nursing issues in
Kazakhstan (status and prospects). Representatives of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of
Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the
Republican Center for Health Development, local health authorities, teachers of medical colleges
and universities, practicing nurses, representatives of the national and regional professional
associations of nursing specialists, etc. will take part.
The following topics will be discussed at the conference:
Leadership in nursing (leadership training, doctor and nurse): separation of powers and
responsibilities, the role of nurses in promoting healthy lifestyles, assessing the competence of
nurses: how to develop rating scales, improving the status of nurses, the association of nursing
Evidence-based nursing practice (development and implementation of clinical nursing
guidelines, cooperation of medical colleges, universities and practical health care for the
introduction of evidence-based nursing, evidence base for SOPs in nursing, etc.)
Research in nursing (research methodology in nursing, assessment of the evidence levels
of research results, qualitative research in nursing, organization of research in nursing, etc.).
Modernization of nursing through the integration of education, science and practice.
- Johanna Heikkilä, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland. PhD, researcher /
teacher in the field of nursing.
- Sari Järvinen, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland. PhD, researcher / teacher
in the field of nursing.
- Eveliina Kivinen, Lahti university of applied science (LAMK), Finland Master of
Science, RN, Senior LAMK Lecturer
- Jari Hautamäki, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland. Ph.L. (licentiate),
researcher / teacher in the field of information technology.
- Katja Pesjak, Angela Boškin Faculty of Health Care (ABFHC), Slovenia. Researcher /
teacher in the field of sociology and public health.
- Hannele Tiittanen, Lahti university of applied science (LAMK), Finland. LicNSc, MSc
- Wolter Paans, Hanze university of applied science, Netherland. Ph.D. in nursing.
- Haye Jukema, Hanze university of applied science, Netherland. Researcher / teacher in
the field of nursing.
Thu., Fri. May 23-24, 2019 9.00 AM
Nur – Sultan, Nazarbayev University School of Medicine